Why would you want to reset (delete and recreate) your Tinder account?
- Maybe you’ve thought of a vastly improved bio…
- Maybe you followed our guide and used a tripod (amazon) to take some decent pictures of yourself that don’t seem like selfies…
- Maybe you believe your account is malfunctioning, or you’ve been shadowbanned…
- Maybe you’ve run out of people to swipe on in your area…
…and you want to try again. Recreating your account gives you another shot with the people who previously swiped left on you, and if you’re using a different main picture, chances are 99.9% won’t remember you. Also, you get about two days worth of NoobBoost while Tinder sets your ELO score.
Proper procedure, to ensure Tinder itself doesn’t remember you from your last round (in which case you’ll be stuck with your old score and resulting visibility):
1. In Tinder’s Settings page, select “Delete Account” and confirm.
1.5. Update 11/2017: If you don’t see a “Delete Account” button, you can –
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. This has brought back the button for many users.
- Delete your account from the web-interface at account.gotinder.com
2. Uninstall the Tinder App.
3. Go to your relevant Facebook Account’s Apps page, and remove (unlink) Tinder.
4. Log out of Facebook and create a new Facebook account, using a new throwaway E-Mail address.
5. Optional: Hand pick 100 likes you’d be happy about sharing with a match. Keep in mind some interests, especially activities such as “watching TV” or “driving” are not imported by Tinder.
6. Reinstall Tinder.
7. Make sure you’re logged into your new Tinder-Facebook account on your phone, or if you don’t use Facebook’s app, remember your new login details.
8. Using your new Facebook account, open Tinder and create an account.
9. Optional: Use a new phone number, for example a tinderless friend’s or a burner sim. I would only recommend this additional step if the usual method seems ineffective, to be absolutely sure Tinder doesn’t remember you.
Good to know:
Purchased boosts and superlikes perish upon deletion of your account. Using “restore purchase” after resetting will reactivate your Plus subscription, but won’t give you back your boosts and superlikes, as those count as “consumables”.
I hope you found this guide helpful. Thoughts? Criticism? Praise? Something to add? Feel free to leave a comment below, or visit the SwipeHelper Subreddit. We have cookies! And advice. And surveys. And stories (maybe yours?). See you there 🙂